2013. május 11., szombat

How the cover of Office Sluts 1 was designed

I wanted to find a free image for my cover. So I searched sites where I can find these kind of pictures. After 2 hours, I found this picture:
But I couldn't match the title to it. The background and the model were both too intense. That's why I searched for other cover images. Found the following ones:

They are both nice, right?But I couldn't figure out how to add the title and the other stuff to them too look nice and hot. So I searched and searched... And I found the perfect cover image for the book!
That's much better, right? The model is hot, her dress suits to the topic of the book, she's holding a black leather briefcase in her hand and there is a lot of white space around her where I can write my stuff. I got out with the following idea:
Now I got all the information I wanted but the desing seemed kind of boring. I mean, search on Google "how to design a book cover"  and you will find things like "use two fonts..." or "the reader first check the upper left corner..."
But I didn't have time nor the patience to deal with all these good advices. I'm a writer, I wanna write, that make me happy. I don't wanna spend hours thinkig about how to design my cover. So I asked a friend of mine, JohnM to check it. And he did a wonderful job! Here's the final result:

You can find every important piece of information: my name, the title, the subtitle, a slightly erotic but important "hardcore material" sign on the right side and a "vol. 1." showing I'm working on the "vol. 2.".
So this is how I got my cover. I hope all of you like it and check it with my book as well:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/307658





Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése